Cranford Hospice is Hawke's Bay's leading palliative care provider. Our dedicated team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Go further with international health insurance. Global support for people who think a little bigger
The Apollonion Private Hospital is an ultra-modern Hospital purposely built to offer the best medical care to its patients.
Specialist medical suppliers in sourcing and distributing pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and consumable supplies.
Women Magazine on Fitness, Health, Food, Beauty & more.
Allen Carr Easyway International operates clinics in more than 150 cities in over 50 countries worldwide.
All kinds of plastic surgeries at affordable cost.
Al Zahra Hospital
Al Zahra Hospital Sharjah is the first and the largest private general hospital in the UAE with both inpatient and outpatient treatment at an international standard,
Kunming Children’s Hospital
Kunming Children Hospital integrates first aid, medical treatment, rehabilitation, health care, & scientific research.
UT Health East Texas is passionate about delivering the highest quality care with unmatched compassion, outstanding service and innovative technology.
WORLD HOSPITAL DIRECTORY
ADHD - Are there Treatment Options?
As an ADD coach I am often asked about the treatment options available for Attention Deficit Disorder. Generally when someone says "ADD" the first thing that will come to the layperson's mind is 'Ritalin' or an image of a hyperactive "Dennis-the-Menace" type. Fortunately, there is a lot more to Attention Deficit Disorder than drugs and hyperactivity. Each individual is unique and therefore different people will respond well to different treatment options.
There are a number of treatment options available for children and adults with ADD. Let's explore some of the most common options.
1) Medication - Medication such as stimulants (i.e. Ritalin, Dexedrine, Concerta, Adderall) is probably the most common treatment for ADD. Often antidepressants (such as Prozac, Paxil, Effexor, Wellbutrin) are used instead of or in combination with the stimulants. Some individuals will respond quite well to treatment with medication while others will see little to no difference. It is important to discuss the pros and cons of treatment with medication with your doctor.
2) Counseling and Therapy - Many children and adults with ADD will benefit from counseling from a Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Social worker or other mental health practitioner. There is no one form of counseling ? some professionals will focus on exploring events in the past or emotions while others will work with behavior modification techniques. Some professionals will use a combination of approaches depending on the individual.
3) ADD Coaching - Coaching can be conducted in person or over the telephone and focuses on the whole-person. An ADD coach creates a partnership with each client to explore treatment options for ADD while focusing on creating balance and satisfaction in each area of the client's life. ADD coaching is recommended for a period of 3-6 months for maximum effectiveness. Coaching utilizes regular communication, goal setting, personality and interest inventories and an extensive battery of tools to design an individualized strategy for each client.
4) Biofeedback and Neurofeedback - Biofeedback uses monitoring devices to furnish information regarding autonomic body functions such as heart rate or blood pressure. The individual patient is therefore trained to gain some voluntary control over that function. Neurofeedback uses technology to train individuals to gain self-regulation of individual brain wave states so as to remain alert, relaxed and focused.
5) Nutritional Therapy and Natural Treatments - Naturopathic and Homeopathic Doctors, Dieticians, Nutritionists, Allergists and other practitioners stress the importance of the dietary treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder. These professionals can design a customized diet that will help to reduce the symptoms of ADD. Nutritional supplements and vitamins are often recommended to ensure a balanced diet and proper levels of essential vitamins and minerals.
6) Supplemental Education - Educational centres such as Sylvan Learning Centre and Kumon Math & Reading Centre offer educational programs for children who fall behind in the classroom. Current research indicates that an estimated 50% of children with ADD have a co-existing learning disability. Supplemental Education also exists for adults in the form of career-based training in facilities such as the Academy of Learning.
With all of these possibilities how does any ADDer know where to turn? Remember that no one treatment is a miracle! Often the best treatment comes from a combination of several of the treatments listed above. If you are struggling to find the treatment that is right for you we are here to help. ADDvocacy makes a commitment to presenting unbiased information on all treatment options available. Contact ADDvocacy to schedule a free 30-minute coaching session to explore ADD treatment options for you or a loved one. For more information please visit our website at www.addvocacy.com
Julia Anne Allworth is the business owner of ADDvocacy, an organization designed to educate, serve and coach those with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). ADDvocacy works with adults, teens, parents, educators, organizations and medical professionals to shed light on the facts and positives about ADD, its co-existing conditions and implications for the future.
Why Our Healthcare System Isnt Healthy
Most people are well aware that an estimated 45 million Americans currently do not have healthcare, but is the crisis simply the lack
Stopping Hospital Infections
Each year hospitals end up killing twice as many people than automobiles, some 90,000 deaths in the United States. It is not from malpractice, i
Protect Yourself Against the Flu Vaccine!
The vaccine industry insists that their vaccines against the flu serve as the key to a healthy winter. Although there has
Chinese Medicine, over 2000 years old, is an ancient form of medicine. Consisting of acupuncture, moxibustion (moxibustion - using material made up of
Medical Billing Specialist
As Pres. Bush was touring the Midwest, shortly before he was re-elected as President, and even after, he spoke of medical reform centering on
Nasonex And You: Breathe Easy, Not Sneezy
While everybody else is wandering around enjoying the spring weather, are you hiding out in your hermetically-sealed house? Do you dread the star
Chronic Headaches and Pain Often Can Be Eliminated By A Special Dentist
DENVER ? Sometimes as Freud once said a good cigar is just a smoke. A headache, on the other hand, occas
Physicians, Chiropractors and Physical Therapist Agree on a New Treatment for Low Back Pain
One of the most prevalent and difficult health conditions to treat in the physical medicine is low back pain. The difficulty in tre
Web Therapy: Enhancing Patient Communication with Web Access
According to Jennifer Lyons' chart, she's just a bad slip and fall who's lucky enough to be on her way to a full
Increasing Patient Care and Reducing Liability in Seven Simple Steps
When an unconscious patient arrives in the ED, every hospital agrees that timely next of kin notificat
Cetyl Myristoleate Seperating Fact From Fiction
I am a strong believer in Cetyl Myristoleate for the treatment of arthritis. For the last three years I have been res
Medical Tests: What Does a Normal Range Mean?
We have a marvelous array of medical tests available to us. Many of them-typically blood-tests-even come with results expressed
CT and MRI Scans in Neurological Practice
Before computed tomographic (CT) scans became available in the 1970s, there was no good method for imaging the brain. The a
Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers - Take An Informed Decision
Alcohol rehabilitation centers in the United States offer a wide range of treatment programmes for your recovery f
Contact Lenses and Eye Glasses
How is Your Vision?
Notice friends getting contact lenses and pulling out eye glasses?