A great place to begin taking charge of you arthritis pain relief and prevention planning is by making an appointment with your healthcare provider and finding out more about your condition and treatment options.
Make sure to jot down questions ahead of time, and take them along in your journal or notebook, armed with a pencil to fill in his or her replies.
Some questions to begin with may be centered around these:
1. Do I have a form of arthritis? If not, what is wrong & what do I do next?
2. If so, which type is it? And what can I expect short-term and long-term?
3. What pain relief treatments are available? Which have side affects & what are they?
4. What self-care solutions do you advise?
5. Are there any limitations I should know about; i.e. special dietary issues, special activities to avoid, any OTC meds to NOT mix, etc.?
6. What resources do you have to help with my diet and exercise planning?
7. What other arthritic and other health resources do you have for my family and me?
When you take in your questions, also take in a description of your symptoms so that your doctor can help better understand your situation and health.
Make sure to note:
- Where you have pain (same joint both limbs?)
- When you feel pain - with certain activities, in the morning, when it rains, etc.
- How long you have had the pain
- If the pain increases or decreases, comes and goes, etc.
- The type & intensity level of pain - stabbing, dull, cramping, stiffness
- and low, mild or high pain
- Note any limitations - can't bend over too far without pain, can't get out of car, etc.
- Share any family history of arthritis
- Tell about any OTC or prescription medications or other treatments you currently take or use.
- Discuss any special diet you are on and exercise programs
So try the different options available for arthritis pain relief and prevention.
Give your joints a break as soon as possible from any excess weight they're hauling around, even if it's the weight of excess stress.
Lighten up and make pain relief and prevention care part of your normal, everyday routine
Priya Shah is the editor of The Glutathione Report and Health Naturale. For a comprehensive report on arthritis, visit Arthritis Remedies
This article may be reprinted as long as the resource box is left intact and all links are hyperlinked
Why Our Healthcare System Isnt Healthy
Most people are well aware that an estimated 45 million Americans currently do not have healthcare, but is the crisis simply the lack
Stopping Hospital Infections
Each year hospitals end up killing twice as many people than automobiles, some 90,000 deaths in the United States. It is not from malpractice, i
Protect Yourself Against the Flu Vaccine!
The vaccine industry insists that their vaccines against the flu serve as the key to a healthy winter. Although there has
Chinese Medicine, over 2000 years old, is an ancient form of medicine. Consisting of acupuncture, moxibustion (moxibustion - using material made up of
Medical Billing Specialist
As Pres. Bush was touring the Midwest, shortly before he was re-elected as President, and even after, he spoke of medical reform centering on
Nasonex And You: Breathe Easy, Not Sneezy
While everybody else is wandering around enjoying the spring weather, are you hiding out in your hermetically-sealed house? Do you dread the star
Chronic Headaches and Pain Often Can Be Eliminated By A Special Dentist
DENVER ? Sometimes as Freud once said a good cigar is just a smoke. A headache, on the other hand, occas
Physicians, Chiropractors and Physical Therapist Agree on a New Treatment for Low Back Pain
One of the most prevalent and difficult health conditions to treat in the physical medicine is low back pain. The difficulty in tre
Web Therapy: Enhancing Patient Communication with Web Access
According to Jennifer Lyons' chart, she's just a bad slip and fall who's lucky enough to be on her way to a full
Increasing Patient Care and Reducing Liability in Seven Simple Steps
When an unconscious patient arrives in the ED, every hospital agrees that timely next of kin notificat
Cetyl Myristoleate Seperating Fact From Fiction
I am a strong believer in Cetyl Myristoleate for the treatment of arthritis. For the last three years I have been res
Medical Tests: What Does a Normal Range Mean?
We have a marvelous array of medical tests available to us. Many of them-typically blood-tests-even come with results expressed
CT and MRI Scans in Neurological Practice
Before computed tomographic (CT) scans became available in the 1970s, there was no good method for imaging the brain. The a
Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers - Take An Informed Decision
Alcohol rehabilitation centers in the United States offer a wide range of treatment programmes for your recovery f
Contact Lenses and Eye Glasses
How is Your Vision?
Notice friends getting contact lenses and pulling out eye glasses?